We all know that computers and laptops are quite prone to virus. Computer virus basically can destroy everything, including the valuable data kept inside the PC. That is why doing a backup is essential.
If you want to perform an easy backup and make an exact copy of your entire computer, now you can do it effortlessly without any help of third-party software. This backup is called “image backup,” and all you need to use is the System Image Backup utility in your computer. Below is more information about it.
Making Full Backup Windows PC for Windows 8.1 or Windows 10
Image Backup at a Glance
Performing backup of all your data or what so-called the image backup is available for the users of Windows 8.1 and also users of Windows 10. This backup is a bit-by-bit backup of every single system of your computers. It means that everything is copied and saved including the Windows app, operating system, settings, personal files, and desktop programs.
This image backup is very beneficial. One of the most obvious benefits of this kind of backup is that it offers you a complete restore of your computer when something happens to your computer.
Say for example, when your computer is ruined because of the virus, hardware failure, or software error, your data and everything else can be restored because they have been previously copied and saved by the image backup. Besides its great benefits, image backup still has some downsides. One of them would be the entire backup. It means that restoring a single file or individual data is not possible.
When you want to restore, you restore everything at once. As stated before, this backup can be performed by the System Image Backup. It is already on your computer. Below you will study how to use it.
How to Make Image Backup using System Image Backup Program
- First, you have to connect an external hard drive that still has lots of free spaces. Just make sure that the hard drive has enough free space because you do not want the backup process interrupted.
- Open the Control Panel in Windows. You can find the Control Panel by right-clicking the Start button.
- After you are in the Control Panel, you will see some options including “File History.” Click that File History button.
- Now you are in the File History section. Take a look at the bottom-left corner of your computer or laptop screen. There, you will find a sort of link entitled “System Image Backup.” Click that link.
- There will be three options appear on the screen. It is all about the saving tool. Since you use a hard drive, choose the hard drive that you have connected before. You can also choose DVD, but this option is going to be way slower than the external hard drive one. After you choose the hard drive, click next.
- Now all you need to do is confirming the backup, click “Start,” and the process will be started.